New HDD windows not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Nake

Hi I make a clone of my first HDD and I take the clone HDD #2 to put this HDD on another cumputer but windows don't start why ?

Need to repair ? windows boot ?

Hi I make a clone of my first HDD and I take the clone HDD #2 to put this HDD on another cumputer but windows don't start why ?
So you cloned the hdd of one computer (with windows and all), then put the cloned copy into a different computer? If you did, thats your problem, windows configures itself specifically for the hardware of whatever computer it is running on, copying and pasting windows usually results in failure.

Not to mention the need for activating one copy of Windows in two machines. Problematic to say the least.

Windows is not a txt file. Amazing how many people treat an install like one.

I know that sounds like a **** thing to say, and I don't want to be one here, but you simply can't do that with an install of Windows. You haven't really ever been able to do it, it has always been a mess, but it somewhat worked back in the 9x days. Now yes, you can kind of get it to work now with XP with a repair and some luck, but it is never a good solution.

And a 100% clone to different hardware SHOULD have sent up red flags on the feasibility of it working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back