New HP2000z-2B00 downgrade to Win7

L6Griffin

I just bought the subject laptop, and have no interest in Win8. This laptop will eventually backup an HP2000-100 that the MB no longer recognizes the battery(?another story). The plan is to install the HD from the -100 into 2B00, so far so good. I've been able to boot Win7. On the first boot try I got a message that HD didn't exist, a message to run diagnostics. Ran diagnostics everything passed, except the battery check(? another story). Had to go into the BIOS and enable the Legacy mode. Success Win7 booted with expected anomalies, video, sound, etc., etc.. I just finished downloading from HP the drivers for an HP2000z-300, 160mb. The -300 is the last laptop in the HP2000 series to come with Win7. I'll let you know the results in the morn.

Larry

The graphics driver has installed and appears to be working. The WiFi, and audio did not install, but the old drivers seem to be working. I'll pursue those further if I have problems.

Larry

The graphics driver though having installed was not functioning fully. I have since re-installed the graphics driver from AMD, as well as the Realtek sound drivers. That appears to have solved the problems, and in fact I now have better sound volume.

There is one nagging problem Win7 is reporting that it may be counterfeit. Win7 is still on the HD it was installed on. I've looked for someway to reinput the product key in the control panel with no luck.

Larry

Back