new IE window slow to load

By mr_newbie
Sep 18, 2007
  1. I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
    Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

what homepage do you use?
  3. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

Think i can fix you this, do the following;

Run Regedit and go to:

Highlight the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value and delete it: right-click on it -> select Delete -> click OK.

This Registry change takes effect immediately.
    Just start MS IE while connected to the network/internet to see the difference. :)

Regards Jase
  4. mr_newbie

mr_newbie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

i changed it to see if that was the problem but it still happens

Also, i tried the registry thing but it still happens
  5. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

Well you may have an infection, have you got any virus software to scan?

Also you could have a memory problem. Defrag your hard drive.

Do a virus scan HERE

I think that you should probably run system file checker ( Start/Run/and type in SFC /scannow ).. Make sure you have your Windows CD handy.

You must make ABSOLUTELY certian that there are no Spyware or Ad Ware and Especially a virus or hijacker in your BHO fiiles.(Browser Helper Object)

Also try this:

1- Start Internet Explorer, click tools, internet options, then click delete cookies, delete files (check offline too) and clear history, one at a time.

2- Then click Start, programs, accessories, system tools, and then click Disk Cleanup and check ALL the boxes displayed (may take a couple min's).

Please could you try this... Open up your C drive, and in the address bar of it type in or something and hit enter. Does it still take 3 minutes? Or does it come up instant?

Regards Jase
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.