TechSpot

new IE window slow to load

By mr_newbie
Sep 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
    Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

what homepage do you use?

3. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,122

Think i can fix you this, do the following;

Run Regedit and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    \RemoteComputer\NameSpace
    Highlight the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value and delete it: right-click on it -> select Delete -> click OK.

This Registry change takes effect immediately.
    Just start MS IE while connected to the network/internet to see the difference. :)

Regards Jase

4. mr_newbie

mr_newbie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

google.co.uk

i changed it to see if that was the problem but it still happens

Also, i tried the registry thing but it still happens

5. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,122

Well you may have an infection, have you got any virus software to scan?

PLEASE READ THIS.

Also you could have a memory problem. Defrag your hard drive.

Do a virus scan HERE

I think that you should probably run system file checker ( Start/Run/and type in SFC /scannow ).. Make sure you have your Windows CD handy.

You must make ABSOLUTELY certian that there are no Spyware or Ad Ware and Especially a virus or hijacker in your BHO fiiles.(Browser Helper Object)

Also try this:

1- Start Internet Explorer, click tools, internet options, then click delete cookies, delete files (check offline too) and clear history, one at a time.

2- Then click Start, programs, accessories, system tools, and then click Disk Cleanup and check ALL the boxes displayed (may take a couple min's).

Please could you try this... Open up your C drive, and in the address bar of it type in www.google.com or something and hit enter. Does it still take 3 minutes? Or does it come up instant?

Regards Jase

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.