TechSpot

New keyboards toggle between your computer and iDevice

By Matthew
Jan 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Although there are plenty of third-party keyboards available for your iPhone or iPad, most conflict with Apple's minimalist philosophy. Folks who require a full size keyboard for their mobile iDeviceā€¦

Read the whole story

2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

full size keyboard w/number keys to use with a phone? god help us all.

3. TrueBooleanFals

TrueBooleanFals TS Member Posts: 76   +12

Wow... you gotta be a freakin ***** buy something like this... seriously, WHY!?

4. as dumb and useless as it may seem, this is the exact reason im going to pay for an early upgrade in august, and upgrade to an iPhone 5 (if its out by then, if not ill wait for it)
    its just SO difficult to find accessories for android phones, their seems to be so many of them thrown into the market so often, companies can't seem to keep up.
    so it's just easier for them to stick with iDevices which are announced less often.

guess its a win-win!

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Just the thing we need while driving!! :)

Honestly, I wish we would stop trying to link phones to the keyboard world.

6. I don't understand why this product has received so much hate in the comments.

Personally, I find it something that will quickly become an essential in my office environment.
    When you find yourself dealing with hundred of customers, you tend to find that a large number of them would rather text you than email you. Whatever that reason may be, you have to work around your customer, not the other way around.. so when you're in your office, and you're at your computer, with the nice luxury of typing out emails and suddenly a client texts you, you don't want to have to drop everything to type out a long message on a touchscreen. It's a lot easier to hit a button and look at a different screen.

It is a little over priced in my opinion, but I guess it's reasonable for the bluetooth capabilities as well as the unique concept. Prices will surely come down over time.

7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

$100 for a membrane keyboard??

8. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 347   +26

I think they missed the point. It's not for you to take on the road, but its for desktop users who want to be able to switch back and forth between the computer and the iDevice. I personally think it's genius for texting quickly and then switching back to the computer if needed. Heck, someone out there will find a use for this thing. I don't get why people bash such an option. If you don't like the prospect of it, then simply don't buy it.

9. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,609   +295

A phone I had about 5 generations ago allowed me to connect it to the computer and send text messages using the computer keyboard. Why they would want to do this in hardware rather than software is beyond me.

10. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

for rooted droids, VNC server (free on market). nuff said... I just plug my phone in (power) when i get to the office, VNC to it and use my mouse to "touch" and then can type with my keyboard.
    it's pretty amazing.