New laptop battery

Hodsocks

Hopefully one of you guys can explain something for me. I have fitted a new battery to my Toshiba laptop and since fitting it the keyboard and mousepad refuse to work. If I plug in a USB mouse that works OK but still no keyboard. If I boot into safe mode everything runs OK.
I took out the battery and ran just on mains and everything runs fine and cpu is back to normal, putting the old battery in also enables the laptop to run OK.
Thinking the high cpu usage might be malware I ran Malwarebytes and Combofix but they found nothing.
Has anyone any suggestions as to why the new battery is giving these issues, never had any problems with other batteries I have fitted to laptops.

There are LOTS of problems with new laptop batteries... one study reports anywhere from 6% to 11% of China batteries are unreliable or defective. you have no idea how long it has been sitting on the shelf or in a warehouse box in some shipping point.
First, clean you contact points with an eraser, and look for loose connection points, then consider returning to the seller for for an exchange.

I found some info about another guy with an Acer laptop who was having very similar problems to mine and his was resolved with another new battery. I have contacted the supplier with a view to replacement.

The Toshiba Laptop has a "smart battery" with circuitry in it, so physical size and ratings are insufficient to get install 'any old battery'.

Replacement received and seems to be working OK, original replacement was obviously defective.

Thanks for the update... But I guess we will never know why some 8 to 11 percent of computer batteries are reported bad or failing within the first four to six months.

I need to know your toshiba laptop model,if your laptop battery don't fit your laptop,it will be destory your laptop.hope help u.

Back