New laptop possibilities

By rev_olie
Jun 2, 2009
  1. Hey,

Just wanted to ask can anyone recommend a good laptop for me. I'm OK looking for desktops but I'm not so hot with laptop specs.

I need it to be fairly fast and smooth, for vista and anything Uni throws at me.
    Ive got a budget of up to £500 and want it to play fairly high spec games.

Ive been looking and for a laptop is it better to have a higher processor clock speed or RAM.

Ive been looking at these 2,

Option 1
    Option 2

So what does anyone think? Are there any out there for a similar price with a better spec.

Btw i don't want to go with a Dell or Acer. Ive had a bad run with them and don't get along with them.

2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

I know you said you didn't like dells, but the studio 15 laptop would be better for gaming than either of those, and it's starting at 479 pounds. It has a 4570 video chipset, as opposed to the hp pavilion you chose, which has a 4530, and the hp 550 has an Intel chipset, which basicallly suck for gaming. It also as a 200 mhz faster cpu than the hp 550.
  3. rev_olie

rev_olie TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 560

Thanks for that

but are there any similar non dell systens
  4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

The nearly 500 euro (are those euros O.O) system, definitely for games, though laptops are not good for gaming!

They are almost the same...
  5. rev_olie

rev_olie TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 560

Thanks for that.

You mean you don't know the great British pound when you see it. tut tut tut ;)

I know their not so great and i probably wouldn't do anything to hardcore but just have the ability to if i get board traveling or something

And its the Almost bit i don't know much about :). No its mainly the processor numbers and relatives and then graphics cards that stump me.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.