New laptop... video cuts in and out

steveow

Hey guys and gals.
I"m new here but not in the virus page. Hope I'm in the right place.

I have a brand new laptop -- HP g6 Notebook PC
450GB
AMD E-350 Processor 1.6GHz
Ram 4GB 3.6 usuable
64bit
Windows 7

I know virus, malware etc protection, but this stuff I'm fairly new to, so go easy on me.
I know this laptop isn't the greatest by far, but something isn't right.$500 bucks should play decent video one would think.

1st, my other pc finally pooped out...it was an 8 year old VAIO that just wouldn't die and it played YouTube videos pretty good with very few pauses processing the video for my viewing pleasure, but this new HP pretty much sucks. Don't know if it's the graphics card or what. Nevertheless, I have this laptop now and hope there's some settings or programs I can download to help in the video dept.
Now just today I recorded some live music with my camera and it loaded up just fine using Windows Photo Gallery, but when I play back the video it gets to app the 2 minute mark on a 3 minute video and the sound starts to cut out and the musicians are moving like they're doing the robot ***it's not the camera as I've already played it back on the camera and it worked just fine). I found this out when I tried to load it up on Facebook and it tried loading for over 10 minutes until I just stopped it. Not sure what's going on, but some tutor would be very much appreciated. Now that I think about it even pictures take too long loading to FB, but they do load.

thanks very much, stevo

thanks for your reply. I've since solved the problem. A friend said to load my camera's program an do not use WIndows Media Player. By loading the drivers etc from my camera it prompted me to download QuickTIme. Plays excellent now.

I also did the computer line speed test. The reason it took me 75 minutes up load 172MB of video to YouTube is because the internet speed is not the greatest. I guess unless I get a faster line I"m SOL.
Thanks again for your reply. If you have any other ideas please let me know. stevo

Back