New MB/RAM/CPU and now W7 won't start

Hi guys/girls

Just reassembled my pc with my new hardware:
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Intel I5-2500K
Kingston 2x4GB KHX1600C9D3T1/8GX

Booting up the pc went smoothly until I got to the "windows is loading" screen.
Directly after this screen I see a bsod (i assume) for under a second and the pc restarts.
Tried running the repair without luck, reloaded a restore point but didnt change anything.
It still does the same thing when booting in safe mode so cant get in at all.

I then put another system together from old parts and connected the same hdd and it booted up flawlessly.
I was at this point under the assumption that I had made a mistake assembling my new rig.
Then took another HDD connected it to the new rig and installed windows on that one (still connected to new hardware).
Windows installed and booted up on this harddisk flawlessly.

Now I am really confused.
How come the hardware works on this harddisk but not my main one when that same harddisk works on another system with different hardware?

I am not interested in running windows from the disk I test installed it on (as it sucks) and really want to avoid reinstalling windows on the main drive if at all possible.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Are you trying to use a hard drive with Windows loaded from the old hardware? If so, the computer won't run correctly. You must install Windows fresh when changing motherboards and other hardware

Are you trying to use a hard drive with Windows loaded from the old hardware? If so, the computer won't run correctly. You must install Windows fresh when changing motherboards and other hardware
This is incorrect, have changed mb and hardware many times without reinstalling my OS.

In the mean time have found out that running Sysprep from another pc with this hdd as secondary might solve the problem, will see.

Back