TechSpot

New MIT radar technology lets you see through walls

By Shawn Knight
Oct 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. New radar technology created at MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory grants users the ability to see through walls. The tech is being developed with military applications in mind, although it could seeā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Interesting but not near as neat as quantum levitation! it doesn't seem very practical to lug a huge piece of equipment like that to a wall. I can imagine the enemy talking to one another "Whad is dat?" "Ids jus de Ameecans trying do see through de wal."

3. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 365   +40

I'd rather see a quantum levitation table or desk in my house before having the ability to see through walls. Thermal imaging already does an okay job of seeing through obstacles provided they are thin.

4. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

get ready for a breakthrough in seeing through walls technology, an invention so cutting edge that you'll hardly believe you're actually seeing through solid concrete. This invention i'm unveiling today will change the way we live life forever, and it's called. . . . the window!

5. Miyasashi

Miyasashi TS Rookie

I guess we'll see the American soldiers towing around microwave-ovens to see enemies whilst cooking their meals?

6. Did anyone else remember 'Aliens' after watching this?

7. MIT comes up with this for military based applications and promptly explains how it all works for anyone to copy. China says thanks.

8. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,687   +60

Map hack!

9. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 331   +22

"the radar can only detect moving objects"
    well that would not be good to use during an earthquake, at a robotic factory and etc...

10. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 601   +89

Like it would have stopped them from copying it anyways they already own half your country :p

11. i hope i can purchase 1 ....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.