New mobo and processor, weird issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently replaced the mobo (Intel DG43GT) and processor (Intel Duo Core E7500) in my HP a1020n. Everything functions just fine other except....

When I insert the power plug, it turns on for about 2 or 3 seconds and shuts off. After that, I can start the PC no problem. It will boot and run just fine. Since I use a power conditioner I have this issue everytime I need to power up the PC. I did some research and decided to purchase a new PSU. I did that, upgraded from 250W to 400W and I still have the same issue.

I'm thinking BIOS update/flash or something, I really don't know much about that. What could this be? I do not want to keep using the PC in this state so it will be down until someone can help. Thanks in advance.

-Diem

When I insert the power plug, it turns on for about 2 or 3 seconds and shuts off.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you trying to turn on the PC by this method?

When I plug in the IEC cable the PC turns on for about 3 seconds then shuts itself off. When I press the power button it will power up with no problem. I just think its odd that this happens. I use a power conditioner so everytime I turn the conditioner on the PC acts as if its being plugged in for the first time. I do not have to set the time or go into the bios when the PC starts, so I don't think the CMOS battery is bad....but who knows.

This is normal. On my HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower it do the same and this since I bought it. I read somewhere that this is a security check of the peripherals. I also noticed that when there is a problem as with my Memory stick it do not do that and when I clean everything and make every go well it do it back. You don't have to mind about it is a check of peripherals in case there is a problem that may damage you Pc further more. I think it is the mobo that do that. I have both like you Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back