New monitor but wont play video now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloppy998

Hey ppl while since i last posted but need some help.

I bought a new monitor today and linked it up to my rig. I got a 9800gx2 gpu and went from a 17inch monitor to a 22 inch monitor.

The only problem im having is when i open a video file i only get the audio with a black screen within my media player. I've tried changing the desktop reolution and have the latest drivers. I havent yet openeded the monitor manual though. Also i swapped from using two VGA adapters to using DVI. When i open Nvidia control panel and go to 'adjust image settings with preview' the image that is supposed to be there rotating is replaced by squares and lines.
I have tried using VLC media player and WMP with no change.

Any help is much appreciated thnx.

Install the a driver for you monitor then see what happens. I've never seen this type of thing caused by the monitor but you should install a driver for it.

Okay im not sure what caused this problem but i installed the driver and the software which came with the monitor. This didnt fix the problem. I was running a dual power corde split between my pc and monitor. I gave the monitor its own power corde and plugged it in. I then put an VGA adapter onto the monitor input, turned the pc on and suddenly its working.

I would still like to know why my pc doesnt like DVI input into the monitor though or if it was the power cable i swapped?
Thx

try reinstalling the drivers for the 9800gx2 gpu, the monitor should work without drivers, altjough it will work better with the correct drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back