New motherboard and CPU. SOO MUCH PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipmike33

I recently bought a ECS848P-A7 motherboard along with a Intel Penitium 4 Processor 506+ (2.66GHZ, 533MHS FSB, 1MB L2Cache) as well as a 1GB DDR400. When i start the computer, the Videocard thing shows (i.e 128MB of Ram, Nvidia..etc) then it goes to the next screen which is the memory test thing, after that my monitor just goes black and it goes back to the Videocard thing. While this is occuring, the CPU fan still spins, it doesnt slow down at all. Im in need of help because i need this computer to work by monday. Please help and thank you in advance.

I have a 40GB hard drive with Windows XP pro. But earlier when i turned on my computer, smoked came out of it. so basically its dead right now and i have to go out and buy a new one.

ok so i just bought a 120GB hard drive and put it in..but now nothing comes out on the screen but the CPU fan still spins. So is my mobo dead? please respond ASAP. im going to Fry's electronics tommorow

the part where the smoke came out was on the wire thing (that connects to the motherboard). But i bought a new hard drive and installed it, now nothing comes to the screen. I dont think its the RAM...tho i did have alot of trouble putting it in, so i may have accidentally bent something on the motherboard? well i'll be going to frys tommorow to get a new motherboard, and see where that takes me.

Smoke coming off the wire that goes into the motherboard? Was it the power supply cord? If it was are you sure you have the power cord plugged correctly?

it would sound to me that you have a bad mobo or PSU.

ECS has somewhat of a reputation for making bad boards. I would see if you could return it asap. I also would not run the system agian until you can determine what part the smoke was coming out of, you could be really messing something up and needless to say it is not the safest of things to do.

Try and be as specific as possible, where was the smoke coming from.

Was it from the left or right side of the motherboard? near the CPU? Near the ram? what type of cord was it? One with many differnt colored wires? or a smaller cable with four wires?

Sounds to me like you fried the IDE ribbon cable. Must have had a bad motherboard. I'd take it back, and who knows what happed to your drives or your power supply. Who would name a computer store "Fry's?"

The Power Supply is new and im sure its the motherboard. The smoke came out of the IDE cable which was connected to the hard drive, I think its because instead of plugging the primary connector, i plugged in the secondary. Well i'll be going to frys in under an hour and try it again. I'll tell you guys my luck. But it isnt my processor right?

I didn't matter what one of the IDE cnnectors you used, it should never do that.

With a board that would do that, who knows what else it could fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back