New motherboard can any body help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
i put a new motherboard in i turned it on and it showed the cpu had been changed not knowing what i was doing i shut it down after i hit a few keys and windows booted up now when i turn it on the biostar screen comes up and says to hit enter to enter set up but does not do any thing past that can any body help me

Pull out the CMOS battery with the system unplugged from the wall, wait a minute and plug everything back in

i am on my 2nd of every thing but memory but i dont under stand why it worked 1 time and thats it i guess its time to just buy new thanks let me know if u think memory would do that

Live and learn... Memory no. Pull all memory out and see if the motherboard beeps at all. Of course you have to have a speaker hooked up properly to the motherboard to hear anything

it beeps when there is no memory every body i talk to is like me and dont under stand why it gets stuck on the motherboard screen or what i could have done to make it do that it just dont see none of my drives cd or hard drive do u think its time to trash are take some were

Why don't try update Bios

Go to your mother board manufacturer website download .bio file according to your motherboard model. Update it using floppy. I did it on a board Intel D865GBF which didn't show any display even. only floppy disk light lids. Ofcourse you need other working system too, in my case i have a lot.

Try resetting the BIOS by jumping the connections - use the manual to find the right set and with the battery in place, move the jumper to the other pair of pins for 10 secs and then replace the jumper.

If you've reinstalled all the drivers from motherboard disk, it can only be one of two things (or both). The CPU is not compatible with the new mobo or you may need to download and update new bios from the motherboard website. It would help if you listed the make and model of the mobo.

Remove the motherboard and recheck the mounting hardware. One standoff for each of the 5 or 6 mounting holes... no more. The board might be shorting to the case. Did you use thermal past between the CPU and it's heatsink?

i got the bios updates on floppy but when i turn the cpu on it dont work the drive (none of them) it dont matter even if i take out the hard drive it does the same thing

Try running the motherboard outside the case. Just CPU, Memory, hard drive and video. See if it posts, is this your first computer build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back