New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyzer101

I have a eMachine T2482 and the motherboard (which was an AM 37) burned up in it. I bought a new powersupply and also a new motherboard. I could not find an AM 37 but found an AM39L which the seller told me would work fine in my computer. I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ processor. I completely formatted my harddrive and was prepared to install Windows XP Professional. It went through the process of examining my system. When setup got ready to copy files, it kept saying it couldn't copy most every file it tried to copy. When the copy prtion was complete, I got the "Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration Information. This indicates an internal Setup error. Contact your system administrator." The motherboard is showing ram in both 0 and 2 locations and showing all other hardware that is installed. Why am I getting this error? Is this motherboard not compatible with Windows XP? is there a setup I gotta do to the motherboard before I install XP?

No I tried several different disks both XP pro and XP home. One of them was brand new and same thing. Seems to be a lot of the same files.

Ok now Ive got windows to load on a smaller harddrive but now I cantget themotherboard FIC AM39L to boot from the C drive

Well I feel like an *****. In my haste to get this computer up and running, I failed to clear the CMOS. Cleared it reset user settings and worked great. thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back