Recent built a new desktop

Specs
ASUS sabertooth MB
AMD 4170
8GB of patriot DDR3 pc3 12800.
2 Nvidia GTS 250 SLI
Windows 7
680w power supply

I built this comp about a week ago and have been having program crashes ever since. I used to get the blue screen of death, but have not had that in about 4 days. The only things I have intalled on this comp is windows 7 64 bit, Steam and 3 steam games, left 4 dead2, Supreme commander 2, and Empire total war. I have origins installed which I play battlefield 3. All the games crash at some point. Sometimes they crash 3 minutes into the game and it crashes back to windows desktop, other times they crash after playing for 2 hours and then it will crash to desktop. also internet explorer 9 will stop and crash. As I was typing this I got the message that Internet explorer had stopped working and I had to retype this. Any Ideas. I have done a search, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the games atleast 3 times, All windows updates are up to date and nothing has changed. Anyone got any ideas????

"ASUS sabertooth MB
AMD 4170
8GB of patriot DDR3 pc3 12800."

I think these are your problem. Not 100% sure, but I think that's it.

"ASUS sabertooth MB
AMD 4170
8GB of patriot DDR3 pc3 12800."

I think these are your problem. Not 100% sure, but I think that's it.

ok, can you give me your reasoning on this? This was a memory and MB combo from new egg, lots of good reviews on this combo. But if you think this is an issue im interested in why.

I don't necessarily have the answer but try removing one of your graphics cards and run the PC on a single card. See what happens. If nothing changes, switch graphics cards and try again.

Ok, I have alternated memory sticks, tried running on one graphics card. A friend of mine has suggested that I try a CPU monitor and that it might be a temperature problem. I have download 4 different CPU monitoring programs and none of them will launch, I keep getting an error with each program telling me that a file is missing or damaged. Any other ideas

Motherboard drivers up to date? No yellow symbols in the device manager? Do you have another power supply to test with in case yours has a problem?

Back