New PC build help

By bevzz
Jan 17, 2010
  1. What are you going to use the PC for? Pure Out and Out Gaming

How much is your budget? A £500 max

Are you willing to buy online? yes

Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build? hard drive.

Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others? nope

Have you already bought any parts? Graphics card

Do you have an Operating System (OS)? yes

Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup? not sure...

Hi, i have currently got a budget of 500 to build a new pc. I already have an ati radeon hd 4650 512 to put in. im looking for a sheer gaming and speed performance for games like cod6 and wow.

i would to setup an amd based cpmputer with a nice looknig case.

i also need all the other stuff: motherboard, processor , psu , ram and cooling all sufficient to support each others needs and anything else i missed

please help me out here !!
  2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

4650 sucks for gaming...they will all run just fine, but it won't really be a good gamer card, you can do much better with about $700 USD.

I would recommend a Core i5 750 build, but if you are set on AMD:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor Model HDZ720WFK3DGI - OEM $109

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Alternatively, you can use a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    at $91, but it is not necessary, and more expensive, but it is a solid motherboard and one I would buy personally. Again, not really necessary.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail $93

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail

That adds up to 377 with the cheaper motherboard, then you can set aside maybe 100 - 150 USD for a case of your choice, I personally like the Antec 902, plus 20 - 30 more if you need a DVD drive and end up with under $560 USD, leaving you with enough money for a SAPPHIRE 100283-2L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail $164.

Remember that you will need to reformat and reinstall your OS.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.