New PC build, won't connect to the monitor

I just built my first computer. I have a cooler master case, a 500 watt Fatal1ty PSU, 320gb hardrive, an old video card pull that I have tested and know it works, a AsRock G31M-GS R2.0 / G31M-S R2.0, a Pentium 4 socket 774 2.9 ghZ, a Pci 1 300mbps wifi card, and a SATA disk drive.

When I turn the power on, all the fans start running, and I can hear the drives running. The USB mouse also lights up. My problem is that the monitor won't turn on. I've read some things about the processor not being in right, but I'm 99% sure it is. Please Help!!!!

More info please and I'll try t help

1. What connector does the graphics card use?
2. Has this build ever worked with the graphics card?
3. If so, is your OS installed?
4. If so, what OS are you running?

Make sure all components are properly connected to your MOBO.
Make sure 24pin power connector and 8 or 4 pin CPU connector is properly connected.
Try re-seating your CPU to make sure it is securely in and there are no bent pins.

AsRock G31M-GS R2.0 / G31M-S R2.0
If I found the right board on the net. It seems this model has integrated graphics. Try booting up your rig using just the onboard video.

I have an old A8R32-MVP Deluxe which was a great socket 939 motherboard at the time, but it will not display video from my HD 5870 at all. Not all video cards will work on all motherboards. You may have a chipset issue that a BIOS update for either your video card or your motherboard might fix.

1. What connector does the graphics card use?
2. Has this build ever worked with the graphics card?
3. If so, is your OS installed?
4. If so, what OS are you running?

1. The connector is a vga.
2. Nope, the video card worked with my other motherboard, which was like a 2000 sony Vaio, but the onboard doesnt even work when the vid card is not plugged in.
3. I'm not sure I am following your question here.
4.I am running the windows 8 dev which I am replacing with windows seven ultimate shortly

I am sorry guys I am fairly new at this so I am probably not going to understand a few terms. Thank you tremedously for the help however :)

Make sure all components are properly connected to your MOBO.
Make sure 24pin power connector and 8 or 4 pin CPU connector is properly connected.
Try re-seating your CPU to make sure it is securely in and there are no bent pins.

If I found the right board on the net. It seems this model has integrated graphics. Try booting up your rig using just the onboard video.

I did all of this, still no avail :/

Back