New PC final thoughts

Sucoi

Hi guys, im buying a new pc and now ( after research) ive come to a final build.Please if u think theres something to be changed for better, or to save me some money ill be glad to know.Other think im not a over clocker, but im going to do it in this new machine. Thx.And the 1050 w psu its because on the future I pretend to put another gpu in CFX. THX again.

intel core i7 3820 (already bought
corsair vengeance 16gb 1600mhz (already bought
mobo rampage 4 extreme
sapphire radeon 7970 oc eddition
HAFX (already bought
intel stock hydro coller
dvd burner and writer
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band Adapter
ocz vertex 3 120gb
Samsung 7200rpm sata 3gb/s 500gb
SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050 1050W
Windows 7 home premium
total: 2122 dolars aprox.

Other think, I cant go anything above that, this is my limit of money

- Get the GTX 670, it's a no brainer over the 7970, and this is coming from a 7970 owner. SLI support is generally better than CF as there are many complaints about microstuttering on CF setups.
- If you're not overclocking there's no point getting such an expensive motherboard. This one is half the price and you can save that towards another GTX 670 ;)
- Assuming you do get a 670, a 750-850W PSU will be more than enough for SLI. 1000W+ is only really needed for people with tri-SLI/CF and custom watercooling.
- Avoid the OCZ SSDs, they have a history of crappy firmware and while they may have been resolved now, I would play it safe and get the Crucial m4 instead for the same price.

About the Mobo, its not that I wont do the oc but ill not push so hard in it, I expect to do it in the future.And thx for pointing the gtx670, I check some benchmarks and its definetly worth it so I think I will go for her.The psu... well ive been checking the 850w psu that offers the same features that the one that I picked, they have same price (at least in new egg) so thats no point in buying one 850w when I can buy in 1050w with the same thing and for the same price.

You only need that Rampage IV Extreme if you were running Quad-SLI GTX 680's or LN2 cooling or need 64GB RAM. It's total overkill for your system, especially as you have an i7 3820 which is semi-locked for overclocking. Your money is much better spent elsewhere. The Gigabyte one I suggested will run SLI/CF at full PCIe 3.0 x16x16 speeds.

I didn't realise the price before, but that PSU is an absolute steal, go for it :)

But this mobo willl suport an oc ? Because I saw some people doing a good oc in the 3820 and I hope to do some too.

You'll have to do some more research/read mobo reviews for that... from what I know you can OC the 3820 by changing a combination of the multiplier (capped to a certain limit) and the FSB to 125 instead of 100. As I don't have any experience I can't say if a particular mobo will support the FSB clocking, but some reviews will tell you.

But you can definitely get a decent OC out of the 3820 for less than the Rampage IV. The difference between midrange and high end mobos is very minimal and not worth the premium IMO.

Thx for the help ill start looking for some mobos to oc. If u have any in mind ill be glad to know.

Back