New PC for freelance graphic designer

Hello there! greetings from Mexico..

I've been working as a graphic designer/photographer freelancer for 2 years now, and I survived with a 2008 iMac (with 2.8ghz and 4GB of RAM). Now I invested some money in my equipment and bought a new camera, intended to do more videos. But obviously I need something more powerful than my iMac, so after an advanced search I came with this offer:

- i7 3770 processor, - HD: SATA 3 1TB, -NVIDIA GTX 660, - Cooler Master 334 NVIDIA Edition, - Cooler Master extreme power II 725w, -DVD-RW 24x, -Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, -32gb RAM. -Monitor: ASUS 24" LED.

My plan is to run Davinci Resolve on it, and some editing software (recommendations?)

Could it work?? All that package will cost me $1'700dls..what do you say?

Get the 3770K CPU. Also maybe spend a bit more on a professional monitor, perhaps from Dell?

This is the build I just finished for doing setup and design work for signs and posters and such:

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W
ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Win7 64bit Pro.
Grand Total for everything was about $900

I already had a (older) but nice Envision Professional Series monitor.

I didn't bother with any larger storage drives because all our files are kept on our file server. If I'm working on a large file I will copy to the SSD and work on it, then copy it back. Saves and loads a lot faster that way.
So if you don't have another place to store files I would recommend a 1TB (or larger) WD Black hdd.

I have just been using the graphics card off the i7 and its been doing great @ 1600x1200. But as far as I know my software doesn't offload any work to the graphics card.

I do most of my design work in Illustrator and Photoshop CS2. I have been working on touching up some full color maps that are about 24x36 @ 600dpi for a local artist and once I moved the file to the SSD everything has been lightning fast. Even when it does take a while to save the HUGE Photoshop files with several filters and layers I can alt+tab over to my email or Illustrator and work on other orders.

Extreme Power PSUs from Cooler Master are not that great in terms of efficiency and actual output. The Antec Neo Eco 620 would be ideal for the system you've mentioned.

Back