Hi and thanks for taking time to help.

ASUS Striker II NSE 790i
GTX 280 1GB
OCZ Gold 4GB(2x2gig) DDR3 1600
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Coolmax 1200W
WD 1TB 7200RPM
XP

I finished putting a new PC together last week and I've been having freezing issues with it.

First I installed the Windows 7 beta and when I would play games the PC would freeze after 10-30mins and just hang there. I couldn't alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del or do anything to get out of the game but just reboot the PC. I thought it might be a windows 7 thing so I reformatted and installed XP.

After getting the XP install finished and the newest gfx driver installed I tried to play a game and it froze up and just hung there again.

Getting this PC running as been a hell of one mess up after another. Now I'm almost done and this crap crops up. If anyone can tell me what I need to do to get this working I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
GFH.

Nothing in Windows 7 Beta is ready for an install such as you have. I suspect the drivers are not designed for Windows 7 specifically, and are thus the problem... but determining which ones will be tricky since there is as yet no support for 7

Could be a few different problems.
Have you installed Direct X. You card uses Direct x 10 but its not supported on XP so you'd have to go with 9
Also
1. Click Start, then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type dxdiag, then click OK.
3. This will run the DirectX diagnosis tool. See if any errors occur.

Also similar to raybay except on XP. Have you updated all of your drivers? Go to the Hard drive manufacturer (don't know if its pure Nvidia or not) and look for updates

Finally what about game patches. Some games will release patches for specific hardware or glitches. See if any are available. As you haven't said what game then we can help you there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back