New pc new bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recieved my new pc parts today, brand new mobo, new video cards, new ram, new cpu, new everything basically cept for harddrive. Anyways upon installation of windows I get a bsod just as windows is finishing the install. I cant give the code because my computer restarts to damn fast for me to write everything down. Anyways I'll go ahead and start by telling you all what I got:

Asus p5n-e sli motherboard: Nvidia nforce 650i
2 8600gtx for sli
2 pair of crucial 512mb ram equaling a total of 2gigs pc8000
Intel dual core 2.2 ghz cpu
700 watt psu (enough to get the job done)
80gig hd 7200rpm (dont think its sata)

Ive tried everything I can think of, ive tried going from the ground up and using just the bare minimum, 1 stick of ram, 1 video card and keyboard and mouse. To having all of my system parts in. My motherboard recognizes everything and everything lights up and gives the go ahead basically. Ive tried adjusting the cas latency on my ram maybe (that was a stretch actually I was trying to do everything I could think of) to changing irq settings etc etc. And no matter what I do its still a total failure and it seems like im completely powerless now.

I can give u some pointers atleast...

What OS do you use? i have Vista so i'll have to explain how to according to it.

To stop the PC from shutting down do the following.

For Vista.
1. Control Panel->System->Advanced System Setting->Start up and Recovery
2. Press Settings
3. Uncheck Under System failure, Automatically restart

Or for XP.
1. Right Click on "My Computer"
2. Select Properties "Advanced System Setting" ( i think it's called on XP)
3. Select "Start up and Recovery"
4. Uncheck Under System failure, Automatically restart

Now your PC won't reboot so u'll have time to write down the error.

But would recommend that u use WINdbg found on Microsoft's site am sry i can't link u to it am not allowed. When u found it follow the instructions to pin point the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back