New PC New Sound Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm new to posting, I have been "hovering" around here for a while. Since you guys give the best advice, I thought I'd try one out on ya! :rolleyes:

Finally upgraded the PC and added on the 5.1's with an AOpen Cobra AW-850 sound card. Everything works absolutely fabulous - in only ONE user profile. The other user profile sees the card, drivers, etc., but even system sounds don't work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing under the non-working profile to no avail. Both profiles have administrator access. Running Win XP Home. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All -

As a troubleshooting measure,see what happens if you create another profile.Does it work in that ?

Good suggestion. I've created a new profile from both existing user accounts, i.e., the one with working sound, and the one with non-working sound. Neither newly created user profile has sound but the card and all of the sound drivers are identified and indicate that they are working properly.

I've posted this isue on AOpen's forum site as well. A member there indicated to uninstall the driver in Safe Mode and re-install in Normal mode. I've tried that too and nothing.

So, if it's actually a profile/WinXP/user/config issue where is it? I hate the idea of combing through the registry key by key but that's what it may come down to. If anyone has even a shot-in-the-dark idea, I'd be willing to give it a try.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back