New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about building a new PC but didn't want to invest a bunch of time planning it out so I decided to use cyberpower. Anywho, this is the PC I customized. I'd like all of your input on it

CPU: AMD Phenom™ X3 8450 Triple-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FAN: CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof)
HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M2N SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI MCP Chipset DDR2/800 SATA RAID PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,IEEE1394,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory Corsair
POWERSUPPLY: 420W
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express EVGA Powered by NVIDIA

Thanks in advance and excuse me if I put this thread in the wrong section but I didn't see a more appropriate place.

Good choices!

So far everything looks good but I am just a bit leery of anything that says CoolerMaster. I'd take a look at some of the Thermaltake fans. I use them and Tiger Direct says they get very few returns on them. Asus boards are wonderful! You'll love it! You might think about getting two SATA drives, one for Windows, one for Linux. You'll get a kick out of it. About power supplies...I think it's Thermaltake again that makes superb power supplies. You might invest in one. They have a 430-watt for half price right now at Tiger Direct, at $29.99. That's hard to beat for a terrific power supply! As for hard drives, I'm a Seagate Barracuda fan. Have fun, and don't forget the standoffs! Those are the little pieces that your motherboard sits on that separate the board from the metal plate. I'm speaking from my own stupidity. Really, you'll enjoy this!

What's wrong with coolermaster fans? The 320GB is going to be for media, I'm moving all of my music from my IDE to it and using my old SATA as my boot drive with ubuntu. As far as the PSU goes does anyone think it's inadequate? I don't want to buy a new one for just a 10w difference.

u do not give any specifics on the psu, as far as brand, or amps on the 12Volt rail so no can give any kind of recommendation. The PSU is as important a feature of a PC as any thing in it, as it is the heart of the computer. nothing works if u have trouble with it.

Cooler Master

I don't have any personal experience with Cooler Master but I have been told that the model that is $14.99 gets a lot of returns. I was told to go with a Thermaltake instead.

uskrewed said:
I was thinking about building a new PC but didn't want to invest a bunch of time planning it out so I decided to use cyberpower. Anywho, this is the PC I customized. I'd like all of your input on it
You are not getting a good deal for your money. CyberPowerPC's items are overpriced and their parts list is extremely limited. The PSU selection is just plain bad. You can build a far more powerful PC by buying and assembling the individual parts yourself. It will also be cheaper.

If you decide to go with the CyberPower build, the PSU it comes with is crap. Also, the Thermaltake recommended before is adequate, but will not hold up if you decide to upgrade anything later. The best choice would either be an Antec Earthwatts 500W or the Corsair 450VX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back