TechSpot

New PC?

By AMDIsTheBest010
Sep 23, 2006
  1. hey everybody:

I'm going to be building a new PC this christmas, and i want to know of some good parts to use. I'll be using it primarily for Homework, web surfing, and the occasional session of MS Flight SimX (when it comes out) my budget is about $600. I would Prefer an AMD CPU. So, if you guys could tell me of a good solid system, that would be vista capable, it would be appreciated.

...AMD

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

Hi AMD, I thought you were a "mac guy" now?? ;)

as for your future build... are you going to be re-using any components?

3. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 398

no, im not mac, i just like the finder face. I will only be re-using my monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

...AMD

4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

5. AMDIsTheBest010

6. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Get socket AM2, and a 3800+ processor, for 10$ more, and also some DDR-2 memory.

7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Yeah, upgrade to socket AM2 and DDR2, but also you should get 1GB of RAM instead of 512 MB. Other than that it looks good to me.
    kitty500cat

8. wolfram

Actually, I think you should stay with 939. AM2's future doesn´t look too good. And I doubt you'd notice any difference between 939 and AM2.

That's a very good system, and should be able to handle FSX without a problem :)

9. AMDIsTheBest010

thanks, I think i'm gonna stick with 939 socket, and im going to upgrade to 1GB, since i checked the requiremens of FSX, and it says 512MB reccommended, and 1GB should bring it all together nicely.

...AMD

10. wolfram

Good choice mate. And yes, I forgot to mention that you need 1GB of RAM :)

Regards :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.