TechSpot

New power supply for Slimline Dell

By AbZ
Aug 14, 2009
  1. Hi. I want to buy a new power supply for my Dell Dimension C521 slimline computer. Where can I get one and what other requirements are there?

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

For the most part, power supplies are adaptable with each other, if you take the one you currently have to Best Buy or other electronics store, you shouldn't have a problem.;)
    By the way... welcome to Techspot :)

3. AbZ

AbZ TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. What do you mean by adaptable to each other exactly? My plan was to buy a new power supply compatible with my slimline computer and take it to my local computer store for assembly. I was told by one of the employees there that my slimline Dell would require a special compatible power supply which would fit in etc. which I would need to purchase on the net.

4. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a notebook PC. In this case you may have to get one from Dell. They will know what yu need. If I'm not mistaken, their PSU's are made a little different from the rest.

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

6. AbZ

AbZ TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, but that's the one I already have - I want to upgrade it in order to buy more powerful graphic cards.

7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Abz,
    the biggest psu for the Dell Dimension C521 slimline is 300w, i think you may have to tranfser your insides to a bigger case that you can put a standard atx psu in.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.