New printer is found when I start my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have xp pro installed .I had a problem with my mouse and while trying to fix it don't know what I have added or which file I have added but now when ever I start my computer or hit scan for hardware change in device manager,an add hardware window appears with found new hardware 'printer'.And then it can't be installed.I don't even have a printer attached to my computer.I have to cancel the add and even when I check don't prompt again about this hardware ,still it pops up next time I start the window.I don't know which file to delete to stop this annyoing add on hardware pop up window.Please help Regards

I have xp pro installed .I had a problem with my mouse and while trying to fix it don't know what I have added or which file I have added but now when ever I start my computer or hit scan for hardware change in device manager,an add hardware window appears with found new hardware 'printer'.And then it can't be installed.I don't even have a printer attached to my computer.I have to cancel the add and even when I check don't prompt again about this hardware ,still it pops up next time I start the window.I don't know which file to delete to stop this annyoing add on hardware pop up window.Please help Regards

1. Open Device Manager
2. Locate the Printer Hardware
3. Right click the Hardware and select Properties
4. Locate the Device usage dropdown box
5. Change the Device usage option to Do not use this device (disable)
6. Click OK

Would suggest we try find/fix the problems source
Check if Windows reports any problem devices. I'd expect this device to be listed
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (It may take a short while till a second window opens)
  • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

Also please make a copy of C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log (as i may want to see it later). And can you tell me its current file size?

VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3065&SUBSYS_01021106&REV_70\3&61AAA01&0&90 This device is disabled.
This is what shows.Some how I have fixed the problem through the device manager.I clicked on show hidden devices ,then disabled the printer that had the yellow mark and now the poping up of the window has stopped.Ethernet Adaptor is disabled because I am haveing a usb cable.
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back