New PSU

By Billy213
Apr 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm looking at getting a new PSU because what people told me about this one i'm using now scared me a bit in case it all went tits up :p

its a Trust 370w with a +12V of 15A...however when i run PC wizard 2006 it says +12V 11.3, not sure if it's the same thing but i thought 15A was low enough in the 1st place.

As i'm looking at getting a new graphics card i don't want to chance it with his PSU. So basically i'm asking if you guys can find me the best PSU for under £50. The only problems i have with them is that i'm never sure if they are compatible with my mobo, a ASRock 775 Dual-Vsta. That has 20 pin ATX power connector with a 4 pin 12V power connector. It doesn't have to be a huge wattage PSU either, i only have the standard stuff inside (dvd-rw, 1 hdd, pentium d, ati 9200 so nothing major). But i need this to be able to handle the sapphire ati x1650 pro/xt. I know i'm asking for alot but i'm sure you guys can work some magic :D

also i would like it to be from either www.dabs.com or www.ebuyer.co.uk or any other TRUSTED retailer ;)

thanks in advanced
  2. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em Newcomer, in training Posts: 170

3. Billy213

Billy213 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 59

Yeah i was looking at that one too. Do you think that a X1650 XT would work alright with my previous PSU? Or would i be taking a risk by sticking with it?

Thanks
  4. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

If you truly have 11.3 volts on your single 12v bus the psu is scrap.

:)
  5. Billy213

Billy213 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 59

6. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Looking at your mobo, I would suggest you move up 1 model to the 430 if you want Seasonic.

My opinion only. Just allows some 'leg' room.

:)
  7. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

For the graphics board you propose, I would upgrade to a 500 Watt power supply.
    The ratings you posted are standard. They do not, however, tell you anything about performance under load.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.