TechSpot

New router works great switches are inop

By whiskey59er
Mar 16, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A little help here? Thanks... I have 30+ pc's. Just installed a new Netgear WNDR3300 router. After finally getting it configured correctly, the wireless works great. I put a jumper to one of the 2 Cisco 2950-24 switches and no connection for hard wired systems. I inherited this setup. The WAN is setup to work with the modem from the ISP and is good to go. As I said, I have a cat5 jumper to one switch and it has a jumper to the other switch. Is there a way to reset the swiches? Or should they be? I checked Cisco online and found nothing definitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,658   +82

Did you try a crossover cable from the Netgear router to the Cisco 24-port 2900 series manage switch. I use to have one of these at work. I always use a crossover cable with it. On 3750 series we daisy chain them 24-port into 48-port.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.