New SATA HDD unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a new seagate 1.5tb sata hdd and installed it-it seems like my os recognises it in my storage and disk manament but it says it is unreadable
i have a biostar k8m800-m7a motherboard using vista ultimate service pak 2--2 gb memory--amd sempron processor 2800+ 1,60 ghz--32 bit operating system--radeon hd 3650 video card
i already have 2 ide hdd (wd 120 gb and a quantom 60 gb) installed and working fine i have checked all connections and seem to be fine-i went into the system bios and made sure that the on board sata ports are enabled
i am not a computer guru and do not know what i am doing wrong this is my first time installing a hdd-if anyone has any ideas i am open to them
thanks

You need to format the SATA drive using an operating system disk... Linux, Windows, Ubuntu, etc.

See if you can get a BIOS screen to come up by pressing <F2>, <F10>, or <F12> (sometimes <ESC> or <pause|Break|>

Then change the boot order so that the computer is set to boot to the CD driver first.
Then insert your install disk of Windows or whatever you use, and reboot.
The computer will boot to the install disk, which will then help you reformat the new SATA hard drive, and automatically install Windows or whatever operating system you have.

Did you get static on it? i heard that messes hard drives up.

you can also format a hard drive from the storage management tool in windows under control panel>administrative tools...if the hard disk is RAW and has no format it will not be recognized by the explorer of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back