TechSpot

New screenshots from Half-life 2: Return to Ravenholm surface online

By Shawn Knight
Jan 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. New images from a planned Half-Life 2 episode known as Return to Ravenholm recently surfaced online. The game was being developed by Arkane Studios in 2006 and 2007 but was ultimately cancelled, much to the dismay of fans of the series.

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Obviously the graphic looks outdated by now.

3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 878   +230

Stop with the remake's! Black Mesa was an awesome, sweet super tease, I can't take it anymore! Bring me Half Life 3, or Episode 3....something that ends with 3!!!
    The HL2 source engine (with and without mods) still makes new games look outdated or average.

4. Tabbywabby

Tabbywabby TS Member Posts: 29

Why has valve not been working their butts off on source engine 2? They are lagging so far behind other companies while they should be at the forefront. I really hope valve hasn't lost its edge.

5. Let the rumours of HL begin... that means we will see the HL3 in a few years (which is a good thing)...lol..

6. Absorption could possibly refer to radiation absorption? If I recall correctly Ravenholm was pounded by biological (I.e. head-crab filled) shells, so perhaps the Combine also threw in some radioactive/toxic weapons at Ravenholm during the Earth-combine seven-hour war?

In any case I think people would be best-served by just imagining that the Half-Life franchise is over, until something definitive (like a release date) comes out of Valve. Otherwise you'll just get yourself worked up over nothing.

7. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,073   +100

we know that they are working hard on it, but they might wait for the new generation of consoles to come out before showing us anything. I have faith that the will deliver! valve FTW!

8. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

It just sucks for me because I know the next Half-Life game will look like TF2.

9. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 127   +36

This, pretty much. Valve do what Valve do. Since Valve done made it easy for games to magically appear on my computerbox without me needing to drive anywhere (often at a deep discount), they get a free pass from me forever.

10. Well I prefer a game to take a long *** time to be developed in good graphics and a great story line then to get a game released 1 or 2 years later with out taking their time to make it good. like they did with cod BO series. I dont play those 2 games but I know for a fact from my friend it sucks ***.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.