New Sims 2 Video Card

By Gamer_4_Lyfe
Jan 7, 2007
  1. Hello all i was directed to come here because i was having some sims trouble.
    the name of the video card i have now is an NVIDIA riva TNT2 Model 64
    they said that mines doesn't support T&L Shading for the sims2.
    (after seeing my cousin playin sims i asked her can i take this house and download it on my computer..she said yea and when i got home everything loaded find untill i got a little message saying ("Failed to find any directx90.c compatible graphics adapters in this sytem! Please make sure you have a directx9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate")
    In the other form, they said that i need a new video card. Do i need and directx9.0c compatible graohics adapter? How much do they usually cost?
    And last can you download them from some kind of website?

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Well, let us continue. Basically, you need a new video card. Also, we need your specs. Download this and open CPU-Z. Give us this information from;

CPU Tab
    Mainboard Tab
    Memory Tab
  3. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Guru Posts: 467

Thats not going to cut it,, you need somethingi supporting DX9 my friend,
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

You cannot download video cards, as they are physical upgrades that must be installed in the system. They cost anywhere from about $30 to $600.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.