TechSpot

New system base -- your opinions?

By DannyAMD
Feb 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a bundle to start a new build and this is what I am thinking of buying, but thought I'd let you look at it with your expert eyes before I bought it!

Won't let me post a link due to my post count so -

the price is £179.99

Motherboard (Asus F1A55-M LE)

RAM
    DDR3 240 Pin DIMM.
    1.5V, CL9
    4GB 10600, 1333Mhz

Processor:
    AMD A6 3650

Also standard Heatsink/Fan

Next upgrade would be the graphics card.

This is just to get me started and will slowly upgrade all parts of this bundle, but I need to be able to just buy individual parts and have someway of testing them and thought this wouldn't be a bad option?

I already have a 550w XTX Easy Rail PSU (Purchased yesterday).

Anyway, let me know what you think the pros and cons to this base system are please if you would be so kind :)

Danny
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 467

You can only use crossfire, NO SLI Support on that board. That means you can only use AMD Radeon graphics cards. Any particular reason you picked a micro-atx board? Is this computer mainly for gaming? If not, what is it going to be used for?
  3. DannyAMD

DannyAMD TS Rookie Topic Starter

The system will eventually become a gaming rig, as long as for now I can run WoW and Eve Online, that will do me as I have an xbox for other gaming needs in the meantime.

For now I am looking to get up and running on a budget... No real reason for the micro ATX board other than it's in my budget and available locally.

I have only ever used ATI based cards so for me this isn't an issue.... I will however be weighing up the pros and cons of this in the coming months, as I've heard that Nvidia are now the more evolved company.

The less I spend now getting up and running on a system the more I can spend in the future on individual items. But at the same time I want something better than the Dual core I have just scrapped.

This base system should only be in play for around 6 months, but during that time I will first upgrade the items that can be used on this system (I hope that makes sense).

I admit I've been out of the PC world of upgrading a part every week/month for quite some time now, and I feel like re-entering I know nothing all over again. But I am trying to catch up as best I can! This site is helping immensely.

EDIT**

Do you think there is any major drawback to a micro board?
  4. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 467

What is your starting budget?
  5. DannyAMD

DannyAMD TS Rookie Topic Starter

£200 for starting buget
  6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Yeah that's a decent bundle for the price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.