New system Cpu 100 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I bought a new pc a few days ago...
Cpu E8500 2*3,16Ghz
Asus Rampage Formula Socket775
Corsair DDR2 Ram 4GB
Asus EnGtx 280 OC

after installing vista some strange things happens. Bios told me that the cpu gots 100 C
directly after booting or at any other time. Also got some trouble with installing files or get connection to the web.
I already put some new cooling paste on the cpu. It also wasn´t that easy to put the cooler on the cpu because there is a relly stupid system. I got the feeling that the board could braektrough if I try it harder.
Every time I start the pc it make some noise and an error message shows up and told me that an unknown cpu is there and that the cpu is to hot.

I heard some thoeries that it is necessary to update bios but i am not sure about and now I really hope that some1 got usefull advice´s for me

haha

Put your computer in the freezer then reboot! Or tell your hot gf to get off the computer!

Are you sure it's not 100 Farenheit?

If it is celcius, make sure that the cooler is fitted properly. A BIOS update could correct any wrong signals the processor is sending from the temperature sensor and would almost definately solve your unknown CPU message.

Check your motherboard manufacturer's website for the latest BIOS version. Be careful when flashing the BIOS as a power-loss could leave you with an unusable motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back