New ThermalTake Tsunami Dream Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

enlargedView.jpg
enlargedViewWindow.jpg

Just noticed an advert for this Tsunami Dream case while reading Tomshardware (yes, I know :rolleyes: ). Quite a nice case weighing only 12.3lbs.

• High Efficient ventilation: Dual 12cm silent fan in front & rear
  • Mirror coating
  • Dual USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 Firewire, Audio & Speaker ports
  • Ultra light: 5.6 kg (12.3lbs)
  • Lockable safety side-panel
  • Retractable foot stand
  • Highly flexible "Silent Purepower supply" unit supports PS/II for PC case (optional)

Intake and exhausts are both 120mm and a silent PSU. Also a windowed version with a blue led rear fan is available. I was never a fan of the previous overly decorated thermaltake cases but I must say if this turns out to be a decent case in reviews I'd be interested in one.

Haven't seen an online price anywhere yet though.

Nice clean look. Reminds me of my Antec Super Lanboy case....right down to the LED 120mm fans. Nice and quiet. Thanks for the post....can never have too many choices with cases. :grinthumb

One difference is that the Coolermaster door is only the top half of the case whereas this one the whole front is a door. Think I prefer the Coolermaster setup but the thermaltake styling :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Arris
One difference is that the Coolermaster door is only the top half of the case whereas this one the whole front is a door. Think I prefer the Coolermaster setup but the thermaltake styling :rolleyes:

I agree with the top-door comment......it makes it a little less cumbersome this way.

Do they come in any other colors? Like red or.... Something other then Black and Silver.

Originally posted by Arris
I was never a fan of the previous overly decorated thermaltake cases but I must say if this turns out to be a decent case in reviews I'd be interested in one.

Yeah those earlier Thermaltake cases look gaudy at best. The decor on those cases would better match a circus or carnival environment. These new cases look fantastic (even though it looks like a copycat Coolermaster Wavemaster case). I am interested.

Most of the cases I see are pretty crummy looking.. Not many things please me...

But these cases - Purely by looks - please my eyes. :)

Never liked the idea of "doors" though.

That may possibly be the best looking (stock) PC case I've ever seen. It looks like a Coolermaster Wavemaster (what a mouthful :rolleyes: ) but it may just be what the Wavemaster should have been. Inspiration or not, either way it looks great IMO.

A good modding idea would be to put full-length cold cathodes along the door and the bottom, to get a blue glow all the way down instead of just the two spots, for continuity. And put an LED fan maybe in the fan grill to the bottom left.

And the functionality. Quiet 120mm fans, lock, it's light, screwless design, etc. Wow.

I'd also like to see a painted interior. If the interior of the black case matched the aluminum exterior...:eek: that would look wonderful. Instead of the basic-looking silver sheet aluminum.

Luckily enough, I was able to cash in on Thermaltake before their circuscase dysfunction. I only have a XaserII.

If I had one thing that I didn't like about the case, it would probably be the logo on the upper left. I don't really think the words "Tsunami Dream" on a case are all that attractive, I would prefer something that doesn't go hand in hand with both sounding like a Wavemaster clone (Tsunami, Wavemaster...:rolleyes: ), and the expectation that it's going to be Dream-ingly perfect. I would prefer something more subdued, you know, something that genuinely reflected the general attitude of the case. Xaser sounds too cheesy (look, it's something cool like a laser with a cool letter like X in it!) and Wavemaster is repetitive (Coolermaster Wavemaster). IMHO the name should be just as good as the case.

Anyway my overanalyzation of the case is complete. You may freely roam your lives now.

Computer case design may be something I would be interested in in the future. I sure enjoy case work, and it's a growing trend on the market today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back