TechSpot

New Trojan steals phone details, routes bank calls to crooks

By Leeky
Feb 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Banks have been fighting a tough battle to secure customer's private banking information as cybercrooks find increasingly more complex methods of breaking the security layers protecting their online services. Now…

Read the whole story

2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,684   +60

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

3. Well, it does not affect many users, just Windows Phone users.

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +311

Only Windows Phone users? Thats not what it says in the article at all? Did you even read it?

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

Just strengthens the need to finalize transactions in person.

6. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

He be trollin', mon

7. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

LMAO this article just emphasizes the need to use CASH when and where you can. Or atleast pay attention to your banking statements instead of just tossing them in the shredder.

8. I was not trolling. The reasons why I believe that it only affects Windows Phone users are:
    1) The article does not mention the OS, typically this means their talking about the Microsoft OS.
    2) The Zeus botnet targets only Microsoft Windows machines. The botnet does not work on Mac OS X, Linux, or any other operating system.
    3) Because the code is based on the Zeus botnet code, it probably requires Windows specific code to work.

Have fun with WP7. It has to be fun, I laugh every time I see someone using it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.