New TS Poll: How much spam do you reject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A new frontpage poll just went up yesterday, this time around we are asking how much email do you reject or filter out because it's spam? In my case it's a pretty heavy percentage, I do get a lot of important mail because of my work with TechSpot however because of this same reason I must keep a public email address... to make a long story short, there's no time in the day that I hit my inbox and have at least a few pieces of junk mail delivered (I'd say a couple hundred per day if not more). Thank god I use popfile!

As for previous poll results, now you can see why we like call ourselves a PC Enthusiast site:

My graphics card budget is (or generally is)...

$100 - $200 = 35% - 159 votes
$200 - $300 = 31% - 142 votes
$300 - $400 = 14% - 64 votes
Over $400 = 12% - 56 votes
Less than $100 = 7% - 33 votes

Total votes: 454

I changed my mailbox over two months ago, and so far I've received one spam message. The previous box got about 30-40 a day.

its really no big deal for me, I set everyone that is in my address book to go to my inbox, everyone else goes to the junkmail folder :)

I just have to say that Pacbell/SBC/Yahoo/Prodigy has been great for spam. When I first signed up they had just changed from Pacbell to SBC Global and the mail preferences seemed to have something to do with Prodigy which had spam filter settings that rejected any mail from Asia, among other things. I have only had 2 spam emails in two years with this company.

I get about 10 real messages a day, and about 20 spam. But all those are flagged and sent to my spam folder, and don't even show up as unread, so unless I check the spam folder I don't know that I've gotten any.

I usually get 20 or so per day that don't get sent to my bulk folder on Yahoo. In the bulk folder I usually get about 80 per day. As long as I check it every couple days, it's not too inconvient. The number has climbed over the years ( I've had this account about 10 years ). The fact that my email starts with xxx could probably be the cause of some of these bogus emails, but the majority are probably caused by answering surveys and loading free (ie "let me load you up with spam mail") programs and free trials..:>)

I get around 50 mails in my Techspot and 50 in my Yahoo mail account...

Around 95% of them are SPAM... I've had the TS account for like 2 years or maybe 3, and the Yahoo account for more than 7.. And both of them are public so bots can find them very easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back