New TS Poll: Your graphics card budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
With the upcoming release of newer graphics cards from both ATI and NVIDIA, it's a good time to ask what is your graphics card budget, or in case you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, what is your virtual budget, what kind of money do you generally spend on a graphics board, we want your feedback...

As for our past poll results, I wasn't too surprised that a big share of our users come from the US/Canada, with European visitors coming on second, then a smaller percentage coming from other areas around the globe. Just earlier today I was looking to logs from one of our ad networks and I was surprised (not to mention very proud) that TechSpot is being read everywhere, the list had almost 200 countries listed! Like I've come to say before, it's you, our readers, that make this site.

Where are you from?

North America 61% - 271 votes
Europe 27% - 120 votes
Asia 4% - 18 votes
Australia 4% - 18 votes
South America 2% - 11 votes
Africa 1% - 3 votes

Total votes: 441

Just thought I should add a comment since I voted for 400+...

When I bought my Radeon 9700pro a couple of months after launch, I got a very good deal on it and only had to pay about 500$, whereas the new price was more than 700$,
In Norway we have very high prices on graphic cards with new (top-end) cards retailing for about 7-800$...

And it takes time for the cards to come into a reasonable price range...

It has become a bit better lately, with start prices more along 6-700$, but it's still very high. Thus if I want to buy a new card before it's been on the market for a year, I'll have to sell out more than 400$.

Currently a 9600XT costs 200$, and a 9800 XT 600$ and these are the cheapest avaiable... (Could be a bit less, as I haven't checked the exchange rate since wednesday, but still)

Lowest price I've seen on 9800XT is $405 on NewEgg.com. (Celestica)

$408 for the 9800XT by Sapphire.

And the ATI one is $449.

MrG; buy from komplett in Sweden, with the Norwegian krona so high compared to the Swedish you are bound to get a good deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back