New upgrades and having some red screen issues

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my cpu to a amd 8350 no overclocking. Gpu to a gigabyte 7970 ghz edition. I did have 2 6950's intalled and no issues. But now any any attempt to play a game I can play 5-10 mins then I crash to a red screen then a total crash to restart. Gpus fans r working so rulled out overheating and the card should have enough power with my antech 1000 ps. Pretty sure its not the cpu since its running cool n can run cinabench with np. Anyone have any ideas on why I get red screens then crash?. Other specs: msi 990fxa-gd80 mobo. 8 gb of kingston hyperx ddr3 1600. Have water cooling on the fx 8350. Using stock cooling on 7970. All in a nzxt tempest case..

Btw had ccc drivers 13.2 installed and using windows 8 64bit. Tried to wipe my gpu drivers with driver wiper to put a fresh copy of ccc 13.1 instead of the 13.2beta but turns out doing so did lots of dmg n stuck in constant bsod on my pc now. So ordered a new ssd to put windows 7 back on and use current hdd as storage.

Figured as much. Got my kingston hyperx ssd n just finished a fresh install of windows 7 n ccc 13.1 drivers. So far so good

Ok ty. They r a fresh install of the drivers atm. But had another bsod using windows rating system. Didnt catch the error. Is there a way to look back and see what it was?

I have
Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX.

Just ran Cinebench with no prob, and got Gpuz up and Cpu-id running. looks fine atm

Just ran Cinebench with no prob, and got Gpuz up and Cpu-id running. looks fine atm
Those dont really stress your system (cinebench is for benchmarks, GPUz and CPU id are for checking info). I am not much of an expert on BSODs, so I will hand it over to tmagic, I Was gonna say run a memtest but I dont wanna make you run a test 7 times for nothing.

Back