New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

What would be a good card, the same or better performance than the ati radeon 9700 pro for a cheap price?

around 200 bucks or less

what about the geforce 6800? how better is that compared to my radeon 9700 pro

Between those two cards u can go for a Geforce 6800 any day, i have that card and it is great between that card will strech ur budget slightly. :grinthumb

Hmm...

How big of a gamer are you? Light gamer should go with a 5500 or a 5700le, Moderate gamer the 9600 or 9600xt unless you are looking for Nvidia then go with the 6600. Now if your life depends on getting an extra 10 fps then go with a 6600gt or 6800/6800gt, There are also the X800s. Its all about personal ref.

thats my .50 :)

*I didn't see that you had a 9700pro :( sorry...*

Well, considering the 9700pro outperforms the 5500, 5700le, 9600 and 9600XT, I wouldn't go for either of them....

The most worthwile upgrade would be the 6800 which is within the budget.

Personally I'd wait at least until nvidia's new generation hits the street, if not ati's too, as it'll force prices downwards.

Yes, but if you then wait 1-2 months after the new cards have hit the street, you might find one of the new models for the same price.....

There's an "old" saying that there's never a good time to buy computer hardware, so you might as well do it now.

And since he has a card that isn't too bad, he don't have to upgrade, and thus I suggest waiting until the next gen cards come to market...

Thanks guys. I will not be home for more than a month, so I will not worry about my card now. When I come back I will start looking. So do you think the grforece 6800 GT is worth the extra 100 bucks over the normal 6800

YES but if you are spending the extra money get the X800 XL which is cheaper than 6800 Gt and the performance on it is very similar to the 6800 GT. :wave:

I'd suggest bumping this thread when you get back...

There might have been a few changes in what cards are the best for your pricerange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back