New Video & Sound Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Hello my friends.....

I'm about to swap my video & sound card from my system. I currently have Leadtek Geforce FX 5900 and Soundblaster Audigy 2.

I bought the Geforce FX 6800 from eVGA and the Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.......... My question concerns with drivers, I'm up to date with both their latest versions. Will I need to uninstall them when I swap the cards and reinstall them again, even though I will be installing the same ones?

Thanx in advance!

Install the drivers for your new hardware, isntall it, and then unisntall any old drivers.

I currently have the nVidia 61.77 drivers for my FX 5900, once I swap the videocards the same drivers will do for the FX 6800...... the same happens with the sound card.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers while I swap the video cards????

Hope the question is clear now!

Most likely you don't need to do anything about graphics card drivers, just change the card and it should detect the new one automatically.

The same might apply for soundcard too, but I'm not sure if Creative has different drivers for Audigy 2 ZS and normal one.

I don't really see any need for uninstalling anything.

You can try change the graphics card drivers and soundcard without installing any new drivers like what Mict mentioned before. If any problem arises, just uninstall the drivers and reinstall it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back