New virus circulating FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazrim

I’ve just received information regarding yet another hack/malware/virus attack that several have seen today. The subject of the message contains “CNN Daily Top 10 Email”. This email message contains a very nasty virus. So far, the user’s that have opened the email have machines that are immediately infected to the degree that they're unable to recover the system without performing a zero-fill format to their hard drives.

Just thought I'd throw this out there as a heads-up, a couple friends of mine got this and called me about it. If this is in the wrong forum, let me know.

Regards,

Maz

your in the right place - if they see another copy of it - please have them forward it to me - you can get my email address by clicking my name here on the forums

For IE7 Outlook Express users, hit Read Mail, Tools, Message Rules, Mail, New and create a new rule that blocks by virtue of Where the Subject Line Contains, eg, 'Daily Top 10' (no quotes) and you should be OK.

Watch out for C-SETUP.exe it can remove everything on your desktop and load it's own desktop with security icons and change the wall-paper to one that saids you're infected..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back