New Wikipedia project seeks to preserve celebrity voices

1. Wikipedia has announced a new project which seeks to add celebrity voices to wiki pages. Dubbed WikiVIP (Wikipedia Voice Intro Project), the project aims to create a free and publicly accessible record of what celebrities and other notable people sound...

Read more
  2. As if I or any future person should care how justin biber or lady gaga sound like
  3. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 135   +50

Perhaps not, but the wonderfully eloquent and erudite Christopher Hitchens would be an excellent example of why this is definitely a good thing. Thankfully the world is more than the Beibers and Gagas out there.
  4. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +198

Stephen sounds like he has a sore throat, or a really poor quality recording.
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,618   +494

Top three I can think of: Christopher Walken, Clint Eastwood, Samuel Jackson however I could think of more, this will do for now.

Although their voice should already be preserved in form of movies I would think, what we really need to do is preserve talking heads in jars.

The thought of preserving anything bieber or gaga actually makes me want to be sick, so if you'll excuse me...
  6. Aren't their voices already preserved in their music / movies / tv shows / paparazzi media / etc?
  7. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Wikipedia will again become addicting. It will still keep its simplicity which is good.
  8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Might wanna add Liam Neeson to this one :D
  9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Of course it is. There's also the Kardashians....:p Everybody knows that.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Movies and music will remain in our historical libraries, why would we need Wikipedia saving anything?
  11. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,618   +494

And Morgan Freeman! Almost forgot, hes pretty much the voice of everything.
  12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Samuel L. Jackson screwed up his chances with the latest Capital One commercial.