New Win2k/XP Audigy Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
(Dated 1 Nov 2002) This Driver Pack Update pack is available for Sound Blaster Audigy owners operating on Windows 2000 or XP operating systems only. Edit by Thomas - These are the same drivers as the previous Creative release albeit these include support for additional languages (Korean, Japanese, German, French & English).

Added features:
Provides Dolby Digital decoding from external SPDIF Input.
Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting.
New presets and effects added

Fixes:
Reduces excess reverb in MIDI while using software synthesizer
Removes glitches when playing MIDI using SoundFonts
Removes distortion during AC-3 playback
Performs recording without playback
Improves multi channel wave file playback
Hardware acceleration of Open AL.
Fixed audio distortion & slow start up when resume from standby
Fixed elevation bug causing muffled sound in some games

Originally posted by Federelli
will creative ever release drivers for soundblaster live! 5.1??

I tried to install them for my live! 5.1 and obviously it didn't work.

Then I went to my Windows\temp folder and found the setup files that were extracted in \CRF000\Drivers and ran CTZAPXX.exe which updated my 5.1 drivers with whatever new version is in that folder.

The current 5.1 drivers suck atm because when you turn EAX on in games, its usually makes the fps worse then without like in UT2K3. Something to do with the OpenAL acceleration which these audigy/5.1 drivers claim to fix.

All audigy driver packs are compatible with the Live! 5.1, u just have to use the method described above to install the DRIVER.

I'd give Creative's drivers and driver support about a 4/10.. They are usually functional, but buggy. Updates come so rarely I consider them a Christmas gift... Creative's drivers suck.

But hey, they usually sort of work. I guess that's all we can expect. :rollseyes:

actually even with an audigy and these new drivers u lose fps when u enable eax... creative sucks, period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back