New Xbox One commercial starring Aaron Paul can control your console

By Shawn Knight
Jun 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's new Xbox One commercial was sure to get some attention simply because it stars Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul. But the ad, which highlights the voice commands of the Kinect (never mind the fact that it promotes the new $399...

Read more
  2. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 470   +47

At least they can say someone that entertains for a job has switched on their xbox.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,186   +442

B1tch...
    MilwaukeeMike likes this.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,015   +683

Creative at least... better than the PC gaming stunt of telling people to hit Alt+F4 when asked in a general chat channel how to perform a keyboard shortcut for a command.

Yeah... or MS found a way to get people who are watching TV to direct attention to their Xbox, which is obviously off. Many people who experience this will tell others how a commercial turned on their Xbox... and you know what happens next? The question... 'You can turn on your Xbox by talking to it?!' Followed by 'Oh yeah, let me tell you about it..." I say it's genius!
    spectrenad likes this.
  5. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TechSpot Booster Posts: 399   +136

Oh Wow, you can turn on your console just by talking to it? My PC just feels so outdated now. Gotta go down to the blood bank and sell some blood so that I can purchase an XBox 180...errrr....I mean 360....yeah thats it. I can't wait to turn on my XBox with my voice. It's something I've only dreamed about it.....until now. LOL.
    Darkshadoe likes this.
  6. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

"Xbox Launch yourself in to the Sun" should be a recognized command, otherwise it serve no purpose to me. And in other news it didn't take long for Aaron Paul to sell out to Microsoft, yeah, keep pushing that paid exclusive, it's already old news.
  7. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 541

Such a non story IMO.
  8. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 453   +76

"Xbox On" has only worked once for me. Since then, I can't get the danged thing to turn on when I say "Xbox On". Oh well, it was a worthless feature anyway.
  9. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 709   +28

It's quite amusing
  10. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,575   +484

As per his characters, this dude can never control himself, never mind a console... :)
  11. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,280   +395 Staff Member

Xbox One, PC graphics please.
    Burty117, cliffordcooley and Puiu like this.

12. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Simple fix... allow users to configure either always on listening or click to listen. Make it easy to toggle between the 2 and it will relieve most of this silliness.

I had this issue with 360. I watched E3 2013 on my 360 and when they did the Xbox demo the guy basically made my Xbox exit the live stream and try to open a movie or whatever he was doing. I though at the time that they should write something that would make Xbox ignore anything coming out of the speakers... probably a waste of processing... so just allow use darn users to disable and enable the feature on the fly really easily... so don't bury it in menus.

Geez... your welcome... :)
  13. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Oh and for the in game names... they should block the user of Trademarks and Xbox Keywords just like they do in programming languages with reserved words. And right, what they do (I think) with profanity in tags.

You're welcome again... (yes I know I spelled you're wrong in my last post) :D

And no edit post... shame on you TechSpot.
  14. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

If that works, you might as well ask for 8K graphics.
  15. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 672   +39

Xbox one is one giant failure, it's just one misstep after another.
  16. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

FYI, we do have an edit function. You just have to go to forum mode.
  17. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,280   +395 Staff Member

That’s actually the command for it to self-destruct ;)
    Sony are coming out with an ad soon that uses that phrase on max volume.
    cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.