Newb needs basic help and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi all.
Firstly, thank you for reading this and offering any advice. Aprrecaited.

Here is my plite.

I have a Packard Bell iXtreme 2613
Core2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHz chip set.

Link for spec. http://www.pixmania-pro.co.uk/uk/uk/599767/art/packard-bell/ixtreme-2613.html

Now, i use a program called Poser7 and it needs processor power rather then fancy graphics cards so i thought this PC would be fine, but it aint, i need more CPU speed, buying another PC is out of the question but i am told that the Q6600 chip set is pretty good and i can get around 3GHZ - 3.?GHz out of it without too much trouble, problem is my MB wont let me OC it so i need to get another MB but i have no idea where to start, nor do i have any idea how to OC

I have been told my a tech head at PC world that if i dont exceed 3GHz the fan i already have will be ok but i am up for any suggestions.

I am ready to find out anything else needed regaridng model numbers etc and i am most gratefull for any help offered.

I am also goint to buy a Full version of Windows 7 as i hear it works better for programs that do rendering like my Poser7 and 3DsMAX so a new board with no OS is what i need.

Please keep the lingo basic as i have no idea about the workings of a PC really lol and the only abbreviations i know are the ones i used in this post hahaha

Thank you and kindest regards,

Lee.

Hi there lol long time no see ;)

I do remember you helping me out loads, thanks. We came to the conclusion that my MB wasnt compatable with being clocked so if i remember rightly you did say a new MB would be best.

Do you still have my email address ?

would love to take up were we left off.

Thanks so much for replying ;)

Vale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back