Newb needs basic help and advice

By vale46
Nov 28, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all.
    Firstly, thank you for reading this and offering any advice. Aprrecaited.

Here is my plite.

I have a Packard Bell iXtreme 2613
    Core2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHz chip set.

Link for spec. http://www.pixmania-pro.co.uk/uk/uk/599767/art/packard-bell/ixtreme-2613.html

Now, i use a program called Poser7 and it needs processor power rather then fancy graphics cards so i thought this PC would be fine, but it aint, i need more CPU speed, buying another PC is out of the question but i am told that the Q6600 chip set is pretty good and i can get around 3GHZ - 3.?GHz out of it without too much trouble, problem is my MB wont let me OC it so i need to get another MB but i have no idea where to start, nor do i have any idea how to OC

I have been told my a tech head at PC world that if i dont exceed 3GHz the fan i already have will be ok but i am up for any suggestions.

I am ready to find out anything else needed regaridng model numbers etc and i am most gratefull for any help offered.

I am also goint to buy a Full version of Windows 7 as i hear it works better for programs that do rendering like my Poser7 and 3DsMAX so a new board with no OS is what i need.

Please keep the lingo basic as i have no idea about the workings of a PC really lol and the only abbreviations i know are the ones i used in this post hahaha

Thank you and kindest regards,

Lee.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,846   +61

3. vale46

vale46 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 206

Hi there lol long time no see ;)

I do remember you helping me out loads, thanks. We came to the conclusion that my MB wasnt compatable with being clocked so if i remember rightly you did say a new MB would be best.

Do you still have my email address ?

would love to take up were we left off.

Thanks so much for replying ;)

Vale.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.