Newbie CPU upgrade questions...

Waffe

Hello there. I have a few things I wanna run by you guys. I plan on upgrading my processor but there are several questions I need answered before I can feel safe with a purchase.
First off What would be a cheap and efficient upgrade from my current AMD A6-3620 2.20 ghz CPU.
Second off I understand my motherboard may not be able to use certain high end processors(The link at the end lists available upgrades).
Just trying to get some games to play faster. Due to the belief of my processor bottle-necking my gpu or vice versa.

Game I want(wish to run on high) is far cry 3.

I know my evga geforce 560 would be up to it graphic wise...but my cpu is questionable.

Also if I wish to self install it instead of going to a tech. You think I will be safe, or should I get a pro?

Stock processor and info listed:(upgraded GPU and PSU)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N412

I just don't know if a newer motherboard will fit my case(btw its a store bought I've just been upgrading). Perhaps I can just upgrade to the highest my fm1 socket can handle? It goes up to at least a quad core with 3.0 ghz I think.

Back