Newbie trying to remove dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang,
I know it's my first post but I am trying to remove a dual boot on my PC. Currently has Ubuntu and WinXP..Trying to remove Ubuntu...and to move all existing storage back to WinXP partition. I am trying to use a WinXP setup disk but whenever I boot with CD in the drive, it seems to skip the CD and heads straight into the Operating System...Do I need to enter the CMOS to get it to boot from CD in this case? Thanks gang.

sometimes you do have to enter the BIOS before boot, and select boot order, change to CD-rom as primary. Sometimes there will be another hot key to just change boot order without entering BIOS. On mine if I hit F8 from the very beginning I get a boot menu, if I wait to long then windows ask for safe mode

Either way afterwards it should say "push any key to boot from CD" when you start the computer

ok, if that works, let's hope it does. To remove the Ubuntu OS I can enter the Recovery Console and type in fixboot and then fixmbr? Hoping that works, reboot then return to WinXP and check the diskmanager to move empty space back to main partition?

Kimsland is better at this,

Have you tried, from windows.

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management -> right click the partition with Ubuntu on it -> Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back