Newegg and Amazon report their holiday best-sellers

By Matthew
Dec 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Launched as a fledgling Web operation in 2001, Newegg has become the second-largest online retailer in the US and the number one destination for tech-savvy shoppers. Given its position, theā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,441   +594

I used to read and look at every Newegg deal flyer/sale they sent to my email.
    After carefully looking at the last several in the past few months they aren't even close to being deals and its turned into marketing spam for the most part.

Closeout this, year end deal this, same average prices.
  3. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

Agreed. I wanted to buy a 32 or 64GB flash drive for Christmas, but prices haven't gone down since September.
  4. They seem to have a trend of incremental price increases, up to their next "blow out" sale, which simply lowers products back to their original price.
  5. Why people buy a GTX-550 TI?, I mean, that much.
  6. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Newegg = Over priced. I can't understand why people buy from them. TigerDirect is much better for tech stuff IMHO. But I love Amazon. Order from them all the time. I never have to leave my house to shop with Amazon Prime, I order and its at my door the next day with no sales tax and free shipping. I would however, prefer to shop at my local brick-and-mortar shops but since WalMart moved in and forced them all out of business I don't have the option anymore. (And no, I will NEVER buy anything from WalMart)...
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Tigerdirect/CompUSA are okay, but one major thing they have going against them is their website. It's just a mess - one of the worst I've ever seen. I feel like I'm getting spammed everytime I visit the site.
  8. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 862   +353

Ordered a Galaxy Note from Amazon on the 20th, arrived from GERMANY on the 23rd.
    That's why I love Amazon!
  9. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

Prices with the products would be cool :).
  10. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 702   +165

Always bought my parts from Newegg. It's where I usually go first if I'm looking at that kind of stuff.
  11. sorry. newegg emails are just regular spam anymore. used to look at them. now i dont even bother. serious marketing smoke & mirrors for everyday prices found all over the web.. hold on- just got another one of their retarded non-deal emails again. ** added to spam filter ** done and done. ^_^
  12. Does anyone know pricegrabber?
    It is very usefull to compare, sometimes ZipZOomFly or TigerDirect becomes cheaper than newegg.
  13. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

To guest above, I'm guessing you haven't been to ZZF recently. Their website has been down for a few months and before that they had very little merchandise to sell. Maybe one day they will be back but for now it doesn't look good.
  14. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

Newegg has the best customer service of all companies ive purchased from. But seriously, bestbuy is having better deals than them this year, and thats saying something.
  15. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

And they say the economy is bad...
  16. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

^that doesnt stop people from thinking they need things that they only want.
  17. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

Agreed. I liked the old newegg site, and it was much quicker to find things.