Newegg Links Don't Work for Me

mailpup

TS Special Forces
For some reason whenever I click on a link to Newegg USA in Techspot forums, all I get is redirected to a blank page. When I hover the cursor on the link, the url is properly shown but clicking on it doesn't take me there. I don't have this problem with any of the other links posted in various threads, including Newegg Canada, just Newegg US. I first noticed this last week sometime.

This happens with Firefox 3.5.3 and Internet Explorer 8. Links to Newegg in another website forum work ok, just not in this one. I can use my browser bookmarks and favorites links to Newegg without problems.

I've cleared my browser cookies, history, temp files, etc. The same thing happens on my work computer and my home computers.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Edit: Newegg links now work on my work computer. I could have sworn they didn't before. I remember wondering if they were somehow blocked. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't but they work now regardless.

We recently added a script that tracks outgoing URLs, that could have been the culprit. Obviously links are supposed to work and function transparent to the user, most likely it was some kind of downtime in the tracking service.

Thanks for your feedback. If it happens again I will be happy to know so I can look into a replacement or complete removal.

Although the links to Newegg work on my PC at work, it still doesn't work for my home PC. I can't seem to account for it.

I don't have Newegg blocked as far as I know, certainly not intentionally, that's for sure. But I will check nonetheless (I'm at work now). As far as I know, it's only Newegg's links and it's the same for either Firefox or IE 8. It doesn't make sense to me as I visit the Newegg site nearly daily.

It must be something in my browser settings. I'll go through them again.

Edit: Without doing anything to my system, Newegg links were working in both browsers for a few minutes but now have reverted back to not working. I suspect it has something to do with some redirecting but what, I don't know. I think I'll give up for now.

Edit: I think I managed to get it working. Time will tell. My Kaspersky Security Suite might have been blocking it. It seems that Newegg links on this site first go through "redirectingat.com" for some reason. After trying to adjust Kaspersky, Firefox works fine but IE8 now popped up a warning message about redirectingat.com.

"The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?"

"Current site: http://redirectingat.com
Trusted site: http://www.newegg.com"

I click twice on the Yes button and I get to the Newegg site. However, without making any changes to IE8 browser settings yet, I have to do this each time I click on a Newegg link. After removing Newegg.com from the trusted site list (it was the only site on the list), the link clicks through without any warnings although I still see redirectingat.com momentarily before I get to Newegg.

After checking other links, it looks like all of them go through redirectingat.com and it seems that if I click on other website links a few times eventually they get blocked too. Zipzoomfly for one. I'll have to see if Kaspersky is responsible. Maybe it's if I click on them several times within a short time period. Don't know yet.

Back