Newer Technology MiniStack not detected in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first of all I'm not tech savvy so please be easy on me, thanks. My new MiniStack external hard drive is detected and works fine on my Mac but is not detected on my XP PC. My old external hard drive (BYTECC external sub-system) for some reason is not detected on my Mac but will work on my XP PC.

Basically I want to transfer all my data from the old drive to the new one but neither of my computers can detect both at the same time. Currently I'm trying to get the MiniStack to work on my PC. It makes a noise when it's pugged in and powers on. It does not show up in explorer. It shows up in Computer Management under device manager and disk management. Under Disk Management for the MiniStack, the "volume" space is blank, Layout- Partition, File System- blank, Status- Healthy (GPT protective partition)

Everything else is working as it should be on the XP. Please tell me how I can get the MiniStack to be detected. Also let me know if you have any tips for transferring the hard drives (as quickly as possible) after I get them working. Thank you.

How do I do that? Will my mac still recognise it? The point of doing this is so I can move it to my mac after all my data is transferred...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back